Poor quality sleep is the cause of a short stature
The role of sleep to our health
Sleep has an important role to health. This is clearly shown through our looks only after a night of sleeplessness. We feel tired, stressed, distracted and are unable to work. At night, during the sleep, the body will perform metabolism and toxin elimination and synthesize necessary nutrients to grow in weight and height and prevent diseases. Scientific studies have shown that an adult needs to sleep for at least eight hours per day in order that his/her organs can rest after a long day.
Sleep has an extremely important role to the body.
In addition to sleep duration, the quality of sleep is also very important. Good quality sleep is the deep sleep without interruption. The deep sleep is far more effective than long sleep duration. After a good sleep, you will feel healthy, comfortable and energetic to be ready for a new working day.
You should not assume that sleeping is a waste of time because eight hours of sleep per day is the time to "recharge" the body. A good sleep will make our bodies and minds healthy and ready for a journey of learning, working and exploring life.
Sleep has an important meaning to the height growth.
Sleep is not only important to health but also a factor that directly affects the height growth. Eight hours of sleep per day can affect human height because scientific studies have shown that when we are sleeping, the secreted growth hormone level is four times greater in comparison when we are awake. The period when the growth hormone is secreted most is from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Meanwhile, the growth hormone is the most important factor that humans need to grow taller. Actually, this is a naturally synthesized hormone of the body which stimulates anabolism and forms tissues in muscles, skin, tendons, bones..., thereby promoting muscular improvement and height growth.
Adequate sleep duration and good sleep quality help obtain optimal height.
Furthermore, a deep sleep improves physical and mental conditions, facilitates the process of doing exercises and sports and significantly stimulates nutritional supplementation, thereby promoting the height growth.
Normally, height can only grow until the age of 25. However, this does not mean that we can freely stay up late and sleep less. It is important to note that sleep will also play an important role in promoting wound healing if we suffer from injuries at bones and cartilages due to accidents. In case of encountering this problem, if we do not pay much attention to daily sleep, the growth hormone secretion will be influenced, which adversely affects the regeneration of cartilages and joints and even causes the differences in the length of legs and arms.
Therefore, we should go to sleep before 10:00 PM in order that our bodies can maximally produce and absorb the amount of growth hormone, thereby promoting the development of joints, bones and cartilages and improving height properly and effectively.
Sleep at each age is also different. Children under 1 year old have to sleep for 14 to 20 hours per day, children from 2 to 5 years old have to sleep for 11 to 13 hours per day, children from 6 to 13 years old have to sleep for 9 to 10 hours per day and adults need to sleep for 8 hours per day.
How to have a good sleep
Being aware of the role of sleep to health and height growth, we need to arrange proper rest periods in order to ensure that we have adequate sleep duration and good sleep quality.
To do this, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Sleep sufficiently for 8 hours per day and before 10:00 PM and avoid sleeping in
- Do not eat too much in the evening because this can affect your sleep.
- Do not drink plenty of water and eat succulent fruit before going to bed because drinking plenty of water and eating succulent fruit make you wake up several times to go to the toilet and this will affect your sleep.
Bedroom needs to be cozy, clean, comfortable and quiet.
- Before going to bed at least 30 minutes, you can take a warm shower or massage your bodies gently in order to feel better and get to sleep faster.
- You should sleep in a comfortable position. Sleeping in the foetal position for too long will affect the development of cartilages and joints, thereby adversely affecting the height growth.
- Decorate bedroom so that it is cozy, clean, comfortable and quiet to create the best condition for your sleep
- If you suffer from insomnia or sleep difficulties, you should consult your doctor. You should not abuse sleeping pills because they will adversely affect your health.
If we pay attention to above factors, we will ensure adequate sleep duration and good sleep quality. At that time, we not only have good physical and mental conditions but also have opportunities of owning an ideal height.