Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II - All You Need to Know
All about collagen type II
What is collagen type II?
Known as a fibrillar protein, collagen type II is made up of 3 long chains of amino acids that create a tightly packed network of fibers and fibrils.
It is the major component of cartilage in the body that plays a vital role in the height development and prevention of joint and bone issues. Also, it supports the binding process with the help of fibronectin and other collagens.
What benefits does collagen type II play in our body?
If you want to know the role of collagen type II, you need to understand the function of cartilage in joints, including:
- Let tissue support mechanical stress
- Let connected bones move without friction
- Connect bones
- Prevent shock absorption
Cartilage is formed by chondrocytes which are specific cells, including proteoglycan, elastin fibers, and collagen type II fibers.
As mentioned above, collagen type II is the essential part of cartilage tissue. It plays a vital role in creating a network of fibrils to connect proteoglycan and elastin fiber into a tough, yet pliable tissue.
Our body often gets collagen type II from foods, such as chicken breast bone, animal cartilage, etc. However, it has a large and coarse structure that restricts bone absorption. On the other hand, the structure and biological characteristics of conventional collagen type II are easily changed. Hence, when it enters our body, it will break down and play the same role as normal amino acids, and then distribute in the whole body without focusing on nurturing joints.
As such, no matter how much food with a high amount of collagen type II we take, there is no improvement in our height. In order to overcome the above issues, scientists have found an efficient solution, particularly hydrolyzed collagen type 2.
All about hydrolyzed collagen type II
What do you know about “Hydrolyzed?”
“Hydro” means “water” while “lysis” means “break down cell membranes.” So, hydrolyzed means “broken down by the water.” And in the case of collagen, it indicates how collagen-rich connective tissue splits into smaller molecules for better absorption.
For further information, take a look at the industrial procedure for creating hydrolyzed collagen.
- Bring together connective tissues from chicken, fish, or cows.
- Divide them with water, acids, and enzymes.
- Extract and strain the resulting liquid.
- Turn it into powder via a process called precipitation.
What is hydrolyzed collagen type II?
Collagen type II hydrolysis is native collagen that has been split (via enzymatic hydrolysis) into peptides which are bioavailable and digestible proteins.
Since it is made from animal cartilage, a natural and safe source, it simply carries a matrix of glycosaminoglycans and collagen type II.
What benefits does hydrolyzed collagen type II support height growth?
Known as the most common structural protein in the body, collagen plays a vital role when it comes to height growth. As we age, the loss of collagen makes our muscles and skin wear very thin. Moreover, our bones lose density, and ligaments become weak. That’s why restoring this collagen is a must to gather new cartilage. And this stimulates the production of collagen by the chondrocytes.
So, taking hydrolyzed collagen type II as a supplement helps to improve height.
Is hydrolyzed collagen type II better than conventional collagen type II?
Short answer, yes.
But let’s make everything clear.
- Collagen type II hydrolysis contains high purity so that your body can easily absorb it. Also, it makes your intestinal system apparent without deposits.
- It comes with a compatible molecular structure like conventional collagen type II. That’s why it can be absorbed easily and quickly and importantly focused on the system of joints, cartilage, and skeletal.
- It plays a vital role in connecting and increasing cartilage tissues, lengthening bones, and protecting the skeletal system and joint health.
- With a consistent size, your body can absorb it completely and reduce waste that might happen with conventional collagen type II.
Some notes on using hydrolyzed collagen type II
How to take it?
You only take 0.35 ounces of hydrolyzed collagen type II daily. Although this dosage works best for you, it’s okay to go over this number because there is sometimes more collagen in cuts of tendon-rich and sinewy meat.
Just keep in mind that collagen is an addition, not a replacement for the protein in your diet.
Where to find it?
You can find it in:
- Bone broth
- Protein bars
- Cuts of meat like ligaments or tendons
- Collagen gummies, pills, and capsules
- Collagen protein powder
How about collagen supplements?
The US Food & Drug Administration does not check collagen powders for efficacy or safety unless a manufacturer insists its supplements can help or cure disease. Therefore, it’s necessary to do a little research before ordering it.
- Select hydrolyzed collagen type II supplements that are easy to use.
- Select the right product for each age.
- Avoid using the flavored versions because it contains added sugars that might add calories to your body.
- Search for a third-party certification like the FDA, NSF, USP, or UL for safety.
If you are interested in taking a collagen supplement for bone growth, you can try NuBest Tall. This is a healthy growth supplement that contains calcium, collagen, precious herbs, and essential nutrients. For further information about NuBest tall, click here.
In a nutshell
Hydrolyzed collagen type II is commonly recognized as being an important ingredient with many health benefits, especially for height growth. Since it’s already broken down, your body easily absorbs it to acquire a positive effect on your height.
And by adding this essential protein to your daily diet, you get lots of health benefits as well.