How to increase height quickly at home
The truth is, it’s impossible to change your genetic code. However, there are something you can do to add extra inches to your height. In this article, we are suggesting the best ways you can do at home to reach your height goals quickly and effectively.
1. Eat right
Nutrition plays a vital role in determining your height growth . That’s why what you eat during your growing years really matters. In this period, it’s essential to nourish your body with a healthy, balanced diet.
We suggest some foods and drinks beneficial for your height growth, including:
- Milk and dairy products: These are good sources of Calcium, protein and vitamin D, regarded as key nutrients to keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Eggs: Eggs are among the cheapest sources of protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats that help to increase your bone mass considerably.
- Fish and sea foods: They provide your body with Calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals to maintain healthy bones and recover muscles after exercising.
- Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruit: They are high in vitamins, minerals and fibers that boost nutrient absorption, strengthen overall health and promote height growth.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and Flex seeds are packed with a great amount of protein, vitamins and minerals. Such nutritious nuts and seeds should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Water: Why does water come to this list? Water seems to contain nothing to make you taller. However, drinking enough water makes every single cell in your body work well, aids in the nutrient absorption, and therefore helps you get taller.
Remember that all of your effort can come to nothing if you skip breakfast or overeat hamburgers, cakes, candies, soft drinks or wine. Unhealthy foods and drinks always attract your eyes and satisfy your appetite but they weaken your bones and stunt your growth in the long run.
Nutrition plays a leading role in your height increase. Hence, you should follow a healthy, balanced diet during your growing years to achieve the maximum adult height.
2. Be active
Your adult height depends on how active you are during childhood and teenage years. This is because exercising is the stimulus for the secretion of the growth hormone .
What’s more, exercise is also the best natural way to keep bones strong, smooth metabolism and empower immune system. If you want to become taller, make exercise a must of your healthy lifestyle.
Below are some effective exercises you can practice at home. These exercises are very helpful in stretching your spine and muscles and removing the compression of your skeleton because of gravity and poor posture habits.
- Skipping: You can totally add a few inches to your height with just a rope. This is the simple way to build bone mass in your legs and straighten your spine naturally.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the most popular sports for increasing height. When swimming, the motion of moving yourself in water makes your spine, limbs and joints stretch maximally and increases the growth hormone release.
- Hanging: It’s very simple to practice. All you need is just a bar which is about 25 cm higher than your reach. Hang yourself 5-10 minutes every day without your feet touching the ground. Hanging helps to stretch your spine and joints naturally.
- Yoga: Yoga involves stretching all the muscles in your body, from head to toe. Some useful poses are cobra stretches, wheel pose, mountain pose and triangle pose. Just create a peaceful space in your home and go ahead!
Regular exercising brings about rapid height growth and excellent health. To grow strong and stay healthy, you must be more active in physical activities and sports.
3. Sleep properly
Sleeping also revives the whole body after an active day and enhances immune system, thereby aiding in healthy growth of body.
The amount of growth hormone reaches its peak between 11 PM and 1 AM, so you should sleep enough 8 hours/day and before 11 PM.
For deep and sound sleep, keep your bedroom dark, quiet and comfortable. Keep your mind peaceful because a brain full of stress and thoughts can’t fall asleep well. Relax your mind with light music and keep away from all distractions.
Some experts advise us not to eat before bedtime because some foods can increase insulin levels, which hinders the growth hormone release .
Blue light emitted from smart phones, tablets and computers can reduce the quality of sleep and affect biological clock, which controls sleep-wake cycle .
Your spine and muscles can be curved after a long night’s sleep, so spend a few minutes to stretch your whole body after getting up in the morning.
Proper sleep makes your brain excrete more growth hormone and support your healthy growth and well-being, so you should get enough sleep and maintain good mental health.
4. Practice good posture
Posture impacts on your height more than you think.
Poor posture can make you look shorter than you really are. If you usually hunch over and slouch, your spine tends to curve over time. As a result, you may lose some inches off your height.
Good posture relaxes your muscles and straighten your spine, which helps to improve your height. Practicing good posture also boosts your self-confidence and reduces some health problems like headaches and back pain.
The position of your spine is the key to good posture. Therefore, try to keep your spine straight up whenever you walk, stand, sit or sleep. To correct your posture, look yourself in the mirror or ask your doctor for advice.
Poor posture can hinder your height growth, so being mindful of practicing good posture during daily activities is very crucial.
You can totally increase your height quickly at home by eating right foods, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep and maintaining good posture during your growing years.
Improving height requires time and effort. Be patient!